Post new topic   Reply to topic    Patriots of Middle Earth Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agorand
Successor
Legendary

re: Preparation for Celebration

Thanks for the encouragement Whuzzyboy. Now in one of my earlier posts I responded to your question about gambling. Here is what I said:

Quote:
With gambling however the most I think we can do is bet on sparing sessions on who would win but I think that is the most we can do.

That would be very hard to manage but I have an idea. On the night people can give me their money and I can hold on to it. With how much each person deposited I can put on a excel spread sheet recording the data. When the time comes we can give the money back with a return rate. However I can't think of a return rate e.g. Do they double there money? Also if too many people win I might not have enough money to give them. That one is a very sketchy topic but I think we can get through it with more discussion and with your help.

On the topic of the sparing tournament Samcrow and I were actually just discussing that just before you when online. We were discussing about how we could structure it and what rewards we should provide. I said to him that the only way we could organise such an event is a pool system or as you described it, ranking divisions. The obvious reason for this is that we don't want a level 10 facing off against a level 50 in a spar. Also below you gave examples with ranking divisions of 20-30 and 30-40. Even this for me is too much of a gap. I was thinking 5 level intervals. However even this is very hard to manage and we will need a lot of organising for it to be complete. With prizes we figured out we can give the lower levels (meaning levels 1-30) much better prizes equivalent to their level like a level 10 would be ecstatic with 1 gold piece (we can give tonnes better stuff than that though). However higher levels would be much harder to provide prizes to. For example if a level 85 turned up and beat another 85 in a sparing match it would be extremely difficult to find a prize to give him. However despite me and Samcrow discussing this topic we have left a lot of loose ends that need tying.

In terms of your genre of music you should bring in as much music pieces you can. Just bring every piece of music you have. If someone had a specific request go ahead and play it if you want just as long as it is appropriate.

Despite being a very complex system for a sparing tournament and gambling it would be very successful if we can pull it off. The sparing tournament and prizes seems manageable but the gambling needs a lot more work. If you think you can help with this issue or you just want to say your mind leave a comment below.
whuzzyboy
Officer
Novice

I'm loving the ideas guys, I totally agree with the time standards and the game codes.

This might prove to be unmanageable and quite pointless, but I was thinking of a possible sparring tournament. The tournament would be a kind of "Lose once and you're out" kind of thing, except when competing for 3rd place. We would have a sort of prize for the winner, whether it'd be cash, an item or a TP code.

A way we may be able to profit off it is to have a gambling system where the people pay money to one of us. If the competitor they chosen wins, depending on the odds, get money. If the competitor they chosen lost then we get the money they risked xD. I guess it could be possible to have a minor entry fee as well.

We could also have separate divisions. For example, 20 - 30 divisions, 30 - 40 etc.

But this is all just off the top of my head xD. As I said before it is very possible that it may be too complicated or too risky of an investment.

I also was wondering what Genre of music I should play, or if anyone had any specific requests they could simply reply.
Agorand
Successor
Legendary

I think we can encourage them to come by giving out a reward, maybe silver or other in game items? With the band we could possibly hire or ask some minstrels to come, Whuzzyboy should probably lead. As for gifts I have no idea but I think you, me and the other officers should discuss it soon. We don't want to leave too late. Also should we use Greenwich Mean time as the time to use as it is 0+ GMT and people can easily work out the time. We should also try and find out a time were most of us are on because we live all over the world and it is essential in my eyes to put that into consideration. Also for the day i think it should be a Sunday (Australia)because most of the world is a day behind therefore meaning it will be on Sunday and Saturday for the event. With Prize giveaways what event should we do to give them away e.g. sparing, raffle etc.

But as always Samcrow you are the Leader and all of this must be approved by you. The officers like Whuzzyboy and I are here to help and make suggestions but you are the one that has to approve it. Also you are right Samcrow it will be a day to remember.
Captain Samcrow
Founder
Beginner

re: Music and contests

im not sure how week of celebratory events will be structured.. but i do think we should have a day when as many of the Kin will be encouraged to log on and we can throw a party at the Kin house location, after speeches and gifts or whatever a regional post inviting one and all to the party would be cool. im still quite keen on the idea of having some TP game code give aways and maybe a decent version of the Moria expansion pack up for grabs. I think having some musicians there would be great, i will be trying to hire out a musical troupe for the event. we will give as much notice possible and post the party time & date across the various time zones.. most likely on the closest weekend we make rank..

This is going to be a Rank Festi to remember envy
Agorand
Successor
Legendary

Well Whuzzyboy, great minds think alike. We have already discussed some things we could do during the celebration however only briefly.

In terms of the pictures that is no problem for me. Every picture I have posted up on our Guild Launch gallery i have taken it multiple times. This usually ranges from 20-40 pictures most times (the most I did was 80 pictures for Durin's Bane (the Balrog) because they make a cut scene for him and he is just so cool). So in the Gallery there will be a tonne of pictures from the celebration so you don't have to worry about that.

Samcrow, Cenefeil and I were discussing the same topic of whether or not the house event should be public before you became an officer. To keep the votes anonymous 1 voted for public, 1 voted for private and 1 voted undecided so it was a split. Now with you and Calaverian as officers you may be able to break the tie breaker.

We have also discussed sparring as apart of the festivities along with fireworks, emote items and cider. We haven't however discussed gambling or music yet. We may put a few minstrels such as yourself together to make a band which might be interesting. We might also get house music as well. With gambling however the most I think we can do is bet on sparing sessions on who would win but I think that is the most we can do. The ideas I posted up was just my thoughts of your ideas of what we could do. Both me and you have to discuss with the rest of the officers and Samcrow if we should do these ideas or not. I for one support these ideas you have brought up.

As with Guild Launch membership I agree we need tonnes more people on here so we can discuss in further details about this event with more people. It would also increase the publicity of this event with more people and that means potentiality more people participating.

As always this is open to discussion with everyone about these topics. Please leave your thoughts on this topic below.
whuzzyboy
Officer
Novice

We could also upload some screenshots of the celebration. We unfortunately cannot upload all of them because it can be tedious work going through them all. Some cool ones would be awesome to upload to the gallery though! Ecstatic.

Should we play some music at the celebration? Or perhaps have a friendly sparring and gambling session xD (.Lol the gambling might be too far)? I'm down for anything.

We could also have a private kinship celebration and then a public celebration that is open to everyone! It would be a fantastic recruiting method!(Not sure if the kinship house can be open to anyone)

It'd be nice if we could get ALOT more people on guild launch so we may discuss this event into greater detail with other people.

Last edited by whuzzyboy on Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Agorand
Successor
Legendary

Yes I agree i cant wait for the celebrations to commence. Now that you brought up the subject of helping the Kinship with celebrations I'll make another announcement when we start getting close to rank 7. For now i'll make a brief preparation guide for everyone:

- Bring any fireworks you may have saved up from the anniversary festival to the event
- Bring any pipe-weed you may have to the event
- Bring any cider you may have to the event
- Bring any spare decorations you may have to the event
- Bring any equipment that make fun emotes you may have to the event
- Bring any thing that may be for mucking around for the event

This is just a brief summary off the top of my head of what to bring. However if you can bring nothing that is fine too just as long as you are there, we will provide things for the group once they there anyway. Bringing these extra items just mean more things to celebrate with. These are wanted at the event but not necessary.

With the time of the event however it will be decided when we get closer to the rank. It probably wont be on the moment we reach rank 7 but a set date later on. We will further inform the kinship via Kinship mail, a new post on the Guild Launch page and Wiki page about the date of the event and more in depth details.

Also if anyone has any questions please contact Samcrow or any of the other officers of the Kinship about questions you may have or post a comment on this thread and i'll be happy to respond to any other questions or queries you may have.
whuzzyboy
Officer
Novice

Ecstatic This is gonna be great! I've already got the pipe-weed and cider, if there is anything more that I can contribute to I am always available.

Shall we have our celebration at the exact time we achieve rank 7 or shall it be when most of us are usually on?
Agorand
Successor
Legendary

A few days ago our Kinship achieved rank 6. We are now preparing for celebrations when we achieve rank 7 and have to ability to purchase our own Kinship House. The officers of the Kinship and our fearless leader, Samcrow, are preparing for this milestone in our Kinship. We are preparing fireworks, food and decorations for when we buy the house. We will inform you when we have a date for the celebration.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Patriots of Middle Earth Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum